I've been working on the Moda "Blockheads" block of the week for the past few weeks. They are all 6" blocks, but one week I cut out a 9" one by mistake. This week's block had a lot of fussy little pieces, so I made it 9" also. I figure I can put these blocks together with the ones from a swap I'm in for a bigger quilt. So I may continue to make 9" blocks now and then and fit them all together with scraps. It all depends on what the swap blocks look like.
My blockheads blocks are partly made with some historical reproduction fabrics from the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum. I'm using shirtings and plain creams to go with the swap blocks. So far, I like them: