Monday, April 3, 2017

Making progress

I've been quilting a scrappy throw (58" x 58") over the past week, and today I hope to do a few more rounds on the borders before binding it.  I usually machine stitch the binding of anything that I suspect will be machine washed.  Will post a photo when it's finished - it's incredibly colorful, representing a large number of 2.5" squares from my stash.

Next up is quilting a little wall hanging that I made with a panel Carol gave me and a bunch of orphan blocks.  I have some lime green thread I got in an auction that I am thinking of using with it.  Will I have the courage to use it?  And... to bind or to face?  We'll see!  

After that, I plan to work on the blue/green scrappy medallion quilt inspired by the 365 challenge last year.  I may need to use the table at the Old Labor Hall to sandwich it.  For smaller quilts, the double bed in the guest room works OK, yet the big table at the OLH is so much faster.  Not sure how I'll quilt it but I'll think about it as I sandwich.  I have the batt and am waiting for the back for it and one more top, another scrappy throw.  I'll quilt that eventually, in a quick, modern style (straight lines across).

All this is to make way for some swap blocks coming in the door - the scrappy heart blocks are already here, but I'm expecting guild block robin blocks in June, Be My Neighbor in June, and then some Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks at the end of the summer.  Phew!

No comments: