Saturday, December 7, 2019

Pre-Christmas busy-ness

It has snowed almost every day, and we have a good base layer on the ground now.  It can stop anytime LOL, but we know it won't.   Driving downtown in a squall late yesterday for the library staff appreciation dinner was a bit hair-raising, but I made it.  Because we have a garage, I rarely have to clean the car off, but I did after the dinner.  Ugh.

Nevertheless, it was a very nice event, with about 36 people attending - library staff, trustees and Friends of the Library members.  Because our public library is incorporated, we had some nice wines with our appetizers before the lasagna and all the trimmings.  The staff liked the goodie bags I made them - quilted potholders (made from orphan blocks) and homemade jam (either Strawberry-Rhubarb or Peach Melba).

I have just a few items to applique onto the woolen St. Nick, but I took a break this week to make a few fabric ornaments out of scraps.  These stars were very easy to make out of hexagons.  Sew two together face to face, turn right sides out, and fold.  Stitch the star down and add something to hang them with.  I tried using Steam a Seam 2, but they turned out a little too stiff.

My overflowing "Holiday" fabric box was given a real trimming this week, too, as I put strings into the string basket, cut smaller pieces into tumblers to make Christmas stockings with, and ironed what was left.  I can now close the box - with room to spare!  I hope to make a few scrappy Christmas stockings to store until next October or so since I sold one on etsy and the other in a local gift shop.  I also sold two table runners at the shop, and the owner asked for more.   So I took all the Christmas-themed runners out of the etsy shop and took them downtown.  Fingers crossed.  Any sales feed my fabric habit, of course.


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm sure the snow looks so pretty even if it can be annoying. I always find it amusing that you all drive all over the place in snow and think nothing of it (as we did when we lived in the north) and here in the south an inch can shut every thing down and most people stay home. Nice that you are having luck selling your items!

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Profit Machine is waiting -

And getting it set up is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

Here are the steps to make it work...

STEP 1. Choose affiliate products the system will advertise
STEP 2. Add some PUSH button traffic (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products on it's own!

Are you ready to make money automatically???

Check it out here