Monday, February 17, 2020

Honeycomb

I put the last stitches into the Honeycomb quilt binding Saturday.  I was planning to go to a library program on decluttering and downsizing, but I decided I am pretty good at that anyway.  So I stayed home to sew, and I'm glad I did.

Honeycomb is basically a string quilt, and I have an ever-growing basket of them.  I have made quite a few basic string quilts, but I wanted something a little different.  When I saw the pattern in another quilter's blog, I bought it right away via etsy.com.

When I looked up the designer, I found she, Karen Griska, lives in Connecticut.  She has also written a book (out of print) on using selvages, another thing I like to do.  Wouldn't it be great if she could be the spring speaker at the state quilt guild meeting?  So I sent her a message, and she said yes!   Her sister lives in Montpelier, the next town over from Barre.

I got busy making the quilt which is a little smaller than the one in the pattern.  I used lots of low volume prints left over from my Splendid Sampler, and it ended up about crib-sized.  I also didn't make any half-square triangles for the border, but I really like the way the border turned out.  You probably can't see the echo quilting using my walking foot around what I think of as "wheels."  That took some time so I'm glad it was a small quilt.  I look forward to meeting Karen in May.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I printed out the photo of that quilt sometime back from someone's blog and have it in my maybe one day pile. I didn't know it was Karen's pattern - I have one of her books I should look and see if it is in it. I might make is sometime - I too have too many strings.

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It is in fact the SINGLE reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 kilos lighter than we do.

(And by the way, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING to do with "how" they eat.)

BTW, I said "HOW", not "what"...

TAP this link to see if this brief test can help you discover your true weight loss potential