Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Spring table runners

It was bright and sunny over the weekend, so naturally thoughts of spring came up.  I played around a bit with various scraps of turquoise and lime, using a specialty ruler I bought last summer.  I don't like to buy specialty rulers, so I am determined to use the Mini Quick Curve Ruler for more than one project.  Last summer, my class involved curvy flying geese with the ruler, and before Christmas I made a poinsettia hot pad with it.  Now I wanted to try some melon shapes.

The result was pretty good, even though I can only make 5" melon blocks with the QCR mini.  I quilted the spring table runner very simply, and it measures about 10" x 42", great for a rectangular table.  I may be making some other items using melon shapes, and the QCR mini would also be nice for making Drunkard's path blocks, even though I already have a set of template/rulers for those, too.

Next, I turned my attention to my basket of strings which seems to have grown quite a bit over the last few months.  I saw a simple wool appliqued pillow pattern in the latest issue of Quiltmaker and decided to adapt it for another table runner with applique on a string pieced base.

I thought wool pennies would be too bulky for a table runner, so decided to use cotton circles instead.  I will add a little embroidery and maybe a purple or blue border when I finish appliqueing the circles.  I really should be sewing the binding down on my Long Time Gone quilt, but this is more fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you're attempting to burn fat then you need to get on this totally brand new custom keto meal plan.

To produce this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, fitness trainers, and cooks joined together to develop keto meal plans that are effective, suitable, money-efficient, and satisfying.

Since their launch in early 2019, 100's of individuals have already completely transformed their figure and health with the benefits a certified keto meal plan can give.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones provided by the keto meal plan.

Susie H said...

Both table runners are pretty and very spring-fresh! I think someone was making that 2nd one at the last retreat I attended.