Tuesday, March 3, 2020

A new tote bag

Over the weekend, I used orphan blocks to make two zipper bags and a tote bag.  My collection is decreasing, thank goodness.  All of these will go to Mom, to do whatever she wishes.  The tote is made of identical swap blocks which I found out were made by my friend Paula.  I should have suspected - they are her colors and the workmanship is super.  I added the 1930s print to make the 12" block a little bigger and to make the straps.

This was my first time using a magnetic closure which worked pretty well.  However, because I didn't plan ahead, I had to cover one side using a big button.  I tried to sew it on, but ended up using Gorilla glue.  Hope it holds!  I found a button with colors similar to the print to glue on top of the big button.  Amazing what you can find in your button box.

Yesterday I made the guild block of the month in my colorway (black with brights), and today I started making some RSC20 blocks in the color of the month - teal. 


 

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hadn't thought to use gorilla glue on buttons - I wonder how it will hold up - pretty bag.

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Money Printing Machine is waiting -

And getting it set up is as easy as 1...2...3!

Follow the steps below to make money...

STEP 1. Choose affiliate products you intend to promote
STEP 2. Add some push button traffic (this LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products all on it's own!

Are you ready to make money automatically?

You can test-drive the system for yourself risk free...