Friday, March 27, 2020

New little quilt

A few weeks ago, I bought a set of fat quarters, charm squares, and mini charm squares from the "Book Club" line of fabrics.  It was a sale at Pineapple Fabrics, successor to Keepsake Quilting in NH which closed this summer.  Keepsake was a once-in-a-while shopping destination for Polly and me.  We used to make a day of it, arriving mid-morning to browse, having lunch, and finally shopping til we dropped.  Anyway, when the Book Club fabrics arrived, I set them aside, thinking I'd use them somehow, sometime.

During this time of social distancing, I seem unable to concentrate on anything complicated.  I have a "Star Storm" pattern by Victoria Findlay Wolfe that I've been collecting polka dotted fabrics for, but when I got it out, I just couldn't decide on colors.

Instead, I decided to make a set of easy "Economy" blocks using "Book Club" and some gray scraps.  It measures 38" x 38", just right for an infant, and I even have one in mind - the new grandson of our former librarian.   Of course, I don't have any batting and need some backing fabric, too, so I ordered some online.  Our local quilt shop has closed temporarily or I would have run right down for what I needed there.  I'll quilt it when my supplies come and then deliver.

Meanwhile, what will I sew today?  I hope to work on my sashiko piece and gather some coordinating fabrics for the virtual round robin I'm coordinating for an online group.  I will also continue to knit on the lacy scarf which has grown quite a bit since our "stay at home" time began.   Hope you are staying safe and well!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't know Keepsake Quilting had closed - I used to buy stuff from them with the catalogs for a long time years ago and then would on line. You are not alone in not concentrating I am finding it very hard to do to. There is just too much going on in the world now. I try to stay busy but I find it very hard to do