Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Social distancing

Almost everyone is staying home these days, and that's good.  This weekend there were a lot of people out walking in the neighborhood because it was sunny, but today Paul and I seemed to be the only ones.  We had a skim of snow this morning but it has all melted by now.  When I went to the dentist's to have my teeth cleaned (all is well), they told me they are closing for a month.  The library and restaurants are all closed, although some restaurants are offering delivery or curb-side pick up.  I hope we can do this soon to help keep those folks receiving some income.

Meanwhile, I finished putting together the 6" blocks for what I'm calling Corona Cabin.  It's made with strings from my vast collection of strings and red squares from my 2.5" square box.  I have a nie piece of flannel for the back, but no batting.  All my larger pieces of batting have been used, so I may have to take a trip to the quilt shop sometime.  Meanwhile, I'm sorting through the UFOs.   Which should I work on next?

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

our fitness center that is owned by the local hospital just says they will be shutting the doors on Thursday and they do not know for how long. I'm not sure about my dentist but I cancelled my appointment for cleaning and they were not surprised. More things will close to try to contain this. Better for all to do this but it will be very hard on the lower income and people that live check to check. We hope the library stays open so our daughter has her job - they are doing curbside pick up! call in what you want or email and they will have the books ready for you and you call them and tell them you are waiting outside and they will bring the books to the door - for now anyway.