Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Austen Jubilee

 Quiltmaker magazine has been running a mystery quilt since late last year based on some of Bonnie Hunter's "Addicted to Scraps" blocks.  I'm using Jane Austen at Home fabric for the most part, but I had to add some other fabrics as I ran low, especially on the backgrounds.  I didn't expect to need so much fabric, and I wish I could have had a choice of size for the final quilt.  I would have chosen the lap size, but the final quilt is supposed to be a queen.  My project box is bursting now, and I'm waiting for the final clue next month.  Thank goodness!  I hope this is my cure for the Bonnie Hunter patterns.   I don't want to make another one for a very long time!  Here are my last blocks, which are the blocks from the issue before the most recent one.

I'm not sure this was the right fabric for this very busy quilt.  The one in the magazine uses just two colors, red and white, even though they are scrappy.   And Bonnie herself, who is working along, is using purple and neutrals.  I sure hope there aren't any spacer or filler blocks left to make for the final step of putting the blocks all together.

No comments: