Thursday, September 15, 2022

Pineapples!

I have finally gotten back on track with various projects.   Currently, I'm making two blocks to add to my pineapple block collection.   I've been following the RSC colors each month for a while and adding a few multicolored blocks here and there as will and whim allow.  

This month I'm making four brown blocks which I'll put togethr to make a 12" block, and I'm making four multicolored ones from my string basket.  I laid them out at random today and really love the way they look.   I think I'll make five more 12" blocks and call it quits, because the quilt will measure 60" x 60" by then.  

My Austen Jubilee fabrics arrived yesterday, so I'll work on some more blocks next.  When I finish those, I'll wait for the next issue of Quiltmaker to put them all together.  It's going to be a busy weekend with a Friends of the Library coin drop Saturday morning and a guild sewing session in the afternoon.  On Sunday we hope to get our COVID boosters at a state-run walk in clinic, so who knows how we'll feel after that?  Hoping not to notice.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

did you do these ones on paper? last year I did a blue/cream color one and used papers to make 12 inch blocks - I really think I would like to do a colorful one like yours next time - the blue/cream is going to one of my brothers at the end of the month