Friday, February 6, 2009

Central Vermont Quilt Show update

Most mornings will find me sorting and sifting through stuff and, eventually, packing a little to move. We made a major trip to the library earlier in the week with many boxes of books for the July book sale. We'll be making a few more trips before all the books are packed.

In the middle of the days, I've been working on quilt show details - getting insurance, exhorting people to enter, finding vendors. So far, the following vendors have committed:
  • A Quilter's Garden, Montpelier
  • Jenny Hermenze, Bolton
  • Country Quilt and Fabric, Poultney

I'm working on a few more, including Darwin's Sew & Vac here in Barre. There's room for six vendors as well as a demonstration space that is reserved for Froncie Quinn of Hoopla Patterns. Some quilt shop owners have told me that they are stretched thin, and just can't commit to the two days away from their shops. So I've been looking for vendors like my friend Jenny who work from home or have online shops. I am optimistic that it will all come together.

I've also had a couple of calls from people wondering if there's still time to enter. The deadline is April 8, so I am hoping there will be a flood of entries toward the end of March. Still, I've got to continue beating the bushes. My next task is to nail down a few more judges. There will be vendors' and viewers' choice awards, but also some "celebrity" judges, including Richard Cleveland, creator of the Vermont Quilt Festival.

1 comment:

Sam Poet said...

What is the date for the 2010 Central vermont Quilt Show?

Please email to me at skolber@vtchamber.com

I would like to include this show in the 2010 Vermont Vacation GUide for summer/fall in the list of art and craft shows for 2010.

Thanks,

Samantha Kolber