Thursday, February 26, 2009

Starting some new projects

Some of the quilters on the lists that I follow are taking what we call a "linten" challenge. It had been a project for lent last year but someone's typo changed it to "lint," and the name stuck. This is good for people like me who don't observe lent anyway. At any rate, the challenge entails not starting any new projects or buying new fabric for a new project during this six week period. The idea is to concentrate on finishing UnFinishedObjects by doing at least one thread each day. I guess I can be called a "dropout" because not only did I start a new project last week, but I went out a Bought a bunch of stuff yesterday.

It was a lovely day as I headed to Burlington, with my gift certificate, a Christmas gift from Polly, burning a hole in my purse. First I stopped at Kohl's for new sneakers and pjs. Then I browsed around Home Goods without buying, and then headed to Yankee Pride where I bought a yard of white on white and six fat quarters. Of the FQs, two were Asian prints in an apricot color to use in my Dear Jane and the others were fabrics from the 1930's. Our Tuesday night guild is making a quilt to raffle off in support of the library. Each person is to bring at least one 9" block in '30's and WoW. I have never been into those tiny '30's prints and had none, so at least one FQ was essential.

While checking out, I noticed that Yankee Pride had no Central Vermont Quilt Show handouts left, so I gave them some more. On my way to PetsMart to buy two new beds for Max, I thought I'd better stop by Sew Many Treasures to see if they had any quilt show handouts, too. While there replenishing their stock, I just had to buy a few more '30's FQs and another yard of WoW.

Today I washed the '30's FQs and made an Ohio Star block for the guild quilt. Then I started on a Dresden plate square. I'll applique that to another 9" square for the guild after I finish the applique I started last week using some of my polka dot fabrics from a swap on one of the Dear Jane lists. Most of my fabric is packed away, but I just can't stop quilting. Can't wait to be in the new house and my new quilting space, though!

No comments: