Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finished quilts!



I have neglected to post photos of quilts I have finished, so here goes. At left is "Christmas with Jane and Sylvia," which includes Dear Jane blocks accumulated through several swaps and a few extra I made. The back has some Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks that I received in a swap also. I decided I didn't need two Christmas quilts, so have combined them. The back doesn't look as good as I'd like, so I'm just going to show the front. I see the photo is upside down. Hmmmmm.


Next is the round robin quilt I did with guild people last year. I am going to call it "27 Flavors of Purple" since Laurette told me that the "piano keys" border she made includes at least 25 different fabrics. I quilted both of these quilts myself on my home machine, and I am pleased with the way this one turned out. It has a wavy edge which took forever to bind. It isn't a really big quilt so will look nice layered over another quilt.





1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great quilts Marianne, I like that wavy border on the purple quilt.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/