Friday, January 20, 2012

Just Takes 2

The last few days I've been making some of the blocks in Brenda Papadakis and Gay Bomer's Just Takes 2 project. It is a mystery quilt inspired by the Infinite Variety show of red and white quilts last year in New York City. Twice a month, Brenda and Gay offer several blocks in various sizes on their websites, and participants are invited to share photos of their blocks as they make them.

Since I'm making a red and white quilt, mostly using swap blocks coming in April, and a blue and white quilt, mostly with blocks from the guild "square robin," I thought I'd add to each with some Just Takes 2 blocks. I made mostly 6" blocks - a Shoo Fly (although the pattern was for Churn Dash - oops!), Fox and Geese, Square in a Square, and one that looks a lot like a Dear Jane block, a four patch with a four patch circle appliqued on top. I have tons of scraps so this should be a fun thing to fit in now and then.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Stack and Whack workshop with the Calico County Quilters. So another UFO will be generated! Should be fun.

No comments: