Friday, January 6, 2012

This 'n' that

It seems as if I've been reading Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire forever, and it has just been over two weeks. The story just keeps winding along, and I'm enjoying it although I really wish it would move a little faster. I have had the Broadway show Wicked on my bucket list for a while and will have to see if it's going to be anywhere near us in the next year or so.

I am anxious to finish Oz and move on to a growing stack of other books, including a giveaway mystery I won from GoodReads, the new P.D. James Death Comes to Pemberley which has had mixed reviews, a new Miss Julia romp, and a couple of mysteries I've picked up here and there. I'll take a few on the plane next week as Chris and I make a quick trip to my parents in Colorado. The worst case scenario for me is always to get hung up somewhere without a book to read.

Yesterday was gloomy so I didn't do any hand sewing. Instead, I started putting together some 12" Christmas star blocks I received in a swap. They are looking good so far with a relatively thin sashing of muted red with black print cornerstones. Today it's supposed to be sunny, so I can take a photo, and perhaps do a little applique on the Simple Graces medallion and work on sewing more of the binding on the Civil War quilt for my cousin who had a stroke last year. There's still some machine quilting to do on the latter. I plan to quilt in some encouraging words, but I need to think about them a while and, perhaps, discuss them with my mother.

No comments: