Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Loyal Union Sampler BOW begins

The first weekly block for Loyal Union Sampler was B-2, Camp Curtin, and it was thankfully easy.  I am making this quilt in grays and blues, mixing contemporary and reproduction fabrics for what I hope will be an interesting sampler.  Here's my first block:
 
 
As I work on these blocks each week, I plan to make some blocks from Nearly Insane and Just Plain Nuts (thanks for the books, Karen) to the mix.  I'm afraid I'll get tired of the project if it lasts two years.  I really don't like to stretch things out too long although my Dear Jane  years were a lot of fun.  We'll see how I do.  At any rate, both sets of blocks are 6" finished so they should all work together.  Here's Block #98 from Nearly Insane.  Thought I'd work my way backwards for a change!

No comments: