Thursday, January 16, 2014

Table runner

I made a table runner for my sister Jacqueline for Christmas from some odd blocks, but I wrapped it up right before taking a photo.  Luckily, she sent me a photo.
This was the blue side, which I thought she'd use more since blue is her favorite color.  It's reversible, though, so there's an autumn-colored side as well.  All of the blocks were from Grandmother's Choice, a Barbara Brackman blog honoring the women's suffrage movement.  That was one of those projects that I embarked on with no particular plan.  When I stopped making the blocks and looked at what I'd made, I saw that they really didn't go together.  Some became placemats and others found their way into other projects.  I still have a couple that I don't know what to do with, but I will eventually!

No comments: