After finishing the applique of a center medallion yesterday, I got out a pizza box full of swap blocks and arranged them. They look pretty busy, too! But the navy blue background offers a little unity. This is going to be a little larger than 72" x 72" with a plain navy blue border and (if I have enough fabric) binding. It looks like everything's on point, but when I got going, I realized that it will end up being a square. Those tiny nine patches around the appliqued center were my first attempts at an Oh My Gosh quilt. That pattern, by Sue Garman uses 180+ 1.5" nine patches made from 1" strips. After making 20, I decided to make the pattern using slightly larger strips. The background will be various shirtings, which I love, and I thought I could use up some scraps this way, too.
I don't know if I'll get this top put together by the end of the weekend, but putting blocks together always seems to go pretty fast once I figure out what I'm doing. I'm going to put the top away for a while and finish another top from a round robin before I quilt it.