Sunday, September 28, 2014

An amazing stretch of weather

I'm not sure when it started - Tuesday?  Wednesday I drove over to Waterbury via the interstate to meet my old friend Sue for lunch.  The fall colors were beginning to really pop, and I thought perhaps we'd have one of the most colorful seasons in a long time.  And it just kept getting better.  Friday, I took a group through the town forest and up to the Grand Lookout on Millstone Hill.  Everyone oohed and aahed.  Saturday, I took another group, much larger this time, to the Empire Lookout.  Same reaction! 

This is the time of year when we don't know where to turn next - but every view is just amazing.  I know it won't last but a few more days, but we are enjoying the color in the meantime.  It's been near 80 every day, too, making everyone smile.  This is a photo of a tree in our neighborhood.  That hazy mountain in the middle is Camel's Hump, the state's most recognizable peak.

No comments: