Saturday, September 6, 2014

Another Jane Austen quilt

My Jane Austen-themed quilt, made with Downton Abbey fabrics, is still at the long arm quilter's, but I am about to start another one using Barbara Brackman's block of the week called Austen Family Album Quilt.  There are 36 blocks in this series, so I'll be making eight or so to go along with reading The Jane Austen Quilt Club by Ann Hazelwood for an online book group.  The book offers a 12" block of its own which I made earlier this week in my pink and green scraps.  I'll be shopping my stash for this one.

I love Jane Austen, but I have to say Hazelwood is not at all at her caliber!  The language in her book is stilted, cliched and annoying.  Every other paragraph ends is "Hmmmmm."  The "mystery" occurs nearly two-thirds of the way through the book and is absolutely lame.  It's easy reading, though, so it offers plenty of time to work on a project and read other, definitely better, books.

No comments: