Monday, September 15, 2014

Fall is definitely here

Friday was the day I first began to feel a change in the weather.  It was chilly, and although I still wore sandals out and about, I also wore a jacket.  After lunch with a friend at the Old Firehouse, I snuggled up under a quilt and finished reading Louise Penny's new book, The Long Way Home.  It was great!  I'm only sorry to have to wait another year for the next one.

We discovered our new furnace heated the upstairs and the basement, but not the first floor.  The service man was called but couldn't come until Sunday, so we cranked up the heat elsewhere and hoped it would warm the first floor.  Saturday was another chilly, drizzly day, but I had to venture out to help with the Lions Club disc golf tournament.  Actually, I helped with refreshments to benefit playground renovations.  And despite the predictions of rain, 13 teams of five showed up for the event.  It was great to see the mix of ages.
When I arrived, I thought we really didn't need those tents, but later in the afternoon, it started really raining, which was mid-way through the course.  I had to leave before then to go to a program (indoors) at the Vermont Historical Society, and I'm glad!
Sunday afternoon, the furnace guy arrived to connect the first floor thermostat to the new furnace.   Guess we are all set now.  As is typical, we awake to fog and chilly temperatures, with the crisp, sunny days happening later.  Everyone in Vermont loves fall!


Shelley Coday said...

It's actually good that you spotted the problem early on, so that you wouldn't be saddled with furnace-related problems in the middle of winter. You definitely wouldn't want to spend a very cold day, and it is actually harder to repair furnaces when the cold has already set in. At least you have the option to get everything fixed now, so you'll have a cozy winter ahead of you.

Shelley Coday @ C&C Heating and Air Conditioning

Henrietta Fuller said...

That day seemed like a wonderful day for you. It was just too bad that you also had to deal with a broken furnace on the same day. Thankfully, the service guy came and repaired the problem to your furnace, though it took him a few days to finish. I just hope he did it properly, so you can avoid this problem from happening again.

Henrietta Fuller @ Bri-Tech Heating and Cooling