Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Finished!

It never ceases to amaze me how, when you plan to make a quilt to use up all your scraps, you end up having to buy more fabric to fill it out.  I thought I had plenty of blues and plenty of shirting to make a log cabin star quilt for Paul's great niece Tori, but I guess I never have enough fabric!  I saw a photo online and made my logs 1.5" (2" strips), for a finished quilt of about 88" x 88".  I think this is much too big for a young girl to take to college.
 
She's graduating from high school in June, but she may end up going to community college for the first two years.  So maybe she'll use it at home?  It is destined for the long arm quilter but I have a couple of other quilts to finish before I make the trek.  Hope I get it back by May!
 
 

No comments: