Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Where does the time go?

As I was coming in from taking a mountain of catalogs to the recycling bin in the garage, I noticed it was already 3:00 pm.  What on earth did I do all day?  It's another gray day - almost time to make dinner.  These days, I often wonder where the time went, but then I remembered that today I:
  - cut out 15 6" squares, divided up a few bags of candy, and made party favors for the library staff appreciation dinner tomorrow night
  - cut and ironed a large piece of backing fabric for the log cabin star quilt, folded two tops, and wrote out instructions for quilting to take to the longarmer's on Saturday if the weather is OK
  - made a blue cheeseball for the library dinner tomorrow - what a mess cream cheese can make, but I loved licking the spatulas
  - made a Cathedral Window ornament to take to quilt guild later in the month for an exchange
  - went to a neighborhood ladies' luncheon
  - shopped for food since we nearly out of flour, sugar, etc. and I am hoping to bake a loaf of artisan bread Friday or Saturday; was pleased to run into one of our Tuesday walking group while at the store - we lamented the lack of places to walk when it starts getting icy
  - sorted through said mountain of catalogs

Another day gone and no exercise to speak of.  Maybe tomorrow?  Time to sit and read til time to make dinner.  I'm nearly finished with the latest Guido Brunetti mystery set in Venice.  Very satisfying!

No comments: