Tuesday, December 2, 2014

"Toujours Paris" is done!

Yes, it is true that if you work steadily enough, you will finish a quilt top in a week or so.  I have proof!  "Toujours Paris" is ready for quilting, and took about 17 hours over several days to make.  Granted, it was a fairly simple pattern despite the fact that the post card motifs were a little skew and an odd size (those center pieces were 5 1/4" x 6 5/8").   I decided sashing would make it look even busier and like the scrappiness as it is.
Yes, it's very pink!  I had Yve look at the longarm quilter's website to choose an overall quilting pattern, and I will try to deliver it Saturday (weather permitting).  I thought I'd buy the backing fabric from the quilter and have her seam it also.  Maybe a black and white print since I still have some pink batik for the binding.
 
I'm looking forward to working on a few other projects in the coming days, including a few Christmas gifts.

No comments: