Saturday, November 28, 2015

Flannel Friday

We had a nice Thanksgiving with friends with plenty of food, especially delicious pies, both raspberry and apple, a la mode.  I like to stack the dishes up to do after everyone leaves.  Somehow, it is a nice way to relax and reflect on a good time.  Afterwards, I sat and read.  I'm in the middle of a good book, All the Light We Cannot See, and it is amazing.

Yesterday we headed over to Montpelier for Paul's last book signing.  The merchants were promoting shopping downtown as Flannel Friday, so we both dug flannel shirts out for the occasion (actually, I dug, he just wore the usual!).  Bear Pond Books was teeming with people, and the old floors creaked and groaned.  A few people stopped by, and the events coordinator, Helen, couldn't have been nicer.  One fan asked for a tour of Green Mount Cemetery which holds gravestones of some of the interesting characters in the book, so we'll be doing that Thursday if the weather holds.

It's going to be a busy week with meetings, the neighborhood ladies luncheon, and the annual library Friends/trustees staff appreciation dinner.  I have party favors for the two meal events - little holiday cookie cutters tied with red bows.  Somewhere along the line I need to wrap gifts to mail to Holland, Colorado, and elsewhere.  I have done most of the shopping (including copies of Montpelier Chronicles), but do I have enough wrapping paper?  I'm avoiding the mall this weekend, but the dollar store may see some business before the weekend is over.

No comments: