Sunday, March 13, 2016

What to do?

For the last few months my purple row robin has been traveling around the continent, from Ontario to Indiana to North Carolina and places in between.  Now it is home and I don't know what I will do to finish it.  I could simply sew all the rows together, add a thin border and leave it at that.  I could create a center medallion and use the rows as different borders, perhaps adding a few blocks or even duplicating a row or two.  For now, I'll let it sit on the bed while I ponder its fate.  I may even have to put it away until I am struck with an idea.  I have plenty of other projects to keep me busy in the meantime!

The other day finished my round on Lynn's round robin.  Mine was the fourth border, but the quilt has already grown quite large.  Marie's quilt comes to me for the final border, and I imagine it will take me the full two months to finish.  I have quite a to-do list, including blocks for two swaps.  One set of blocks is almost finished except for one small bit of machine applique on each block.  For the other swap, I cut out the 9" blocks yesterday and now am ready to choose the applique design.  Think I'm going to make two sets of "Bloom" blocks with some very colorful fabric that just came.  I'm thinking spring here!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope you can figure out a setting for your blocks, I'm sure it must be difficult when the blocks were done by you