Last year, I started off following the 365 Challenge an Australian quilter was posting each day. She had designed a quilt that used scraps, which I thought would be perfect for all of my blues and greens. The bins they are in are overflowing. The first batch used only dark values and were 3" (finished). I made quite a few before going south for a month. By the time I got back, the patterns had moved on to a center medallion which I attempted. I hated the results so threw it away and made up my own. As the spring went on, I wanted to work on other things, so I set it what had become a 24" x 24" medallion aside. And it's been gnawing at me ever since.
This winter, I got it out again and decided it wasn't all that bad. I surrounded the medallion with scrappy courthouse steps blocks, and I liked it again. Then I started making "ribbon star" blocks from a Block magazine I had saved.