I wasn't all that wild about some of the color choices in the borders, but after quilting, it does look quite nice. I used some multicolored thread (King Tut's "circus") down the center of that wide teal border. It adds a subtle shine. And I used a black and blue batik for the binding. I'm so glad it's finished! That was the last quilt waiting to be quilted in my closet. Now I can stockpile a few more!
I have several project boxes going, including a guild block of the month which I'm doing in the same fabrics as a guild "block robin." We're making each other a block every month, and the bag I picked up last night had some lovely, rich burgundies in it. I made the owner, Deedee, a ribbon star block and am now appliqueing a Dresden Plate. I want to pass it along to Sheree at the February meeting because I don't know if I'll be able to go to the March one.
I'm also working on Dutch Treat blocks, very slowly; five sets of blocks for a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler swap; an adaptation of last year's 365 challenge, run by an Australian quilter; and a wild scrappy quilt from The Big Book of Scrappy Quilts which has 77 patterns from different designers. Last, but not least, I am hosting a swap of scrappy heart blocks, most of which have arrived. I'm just waiting for the Canadian ones, and then they'll go back out to the swappers.