Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Little purses, etc.

Yesterday, I finished making 8 "run around" bags using a pattern by Lazy Girls.  I've made several before, include a couple for Paul's sister Pat.  She wanted some to give to friends in Florida who keep admiring hers.  When I asked her what colors or styles, she said, "Florida."  I hope she likes what I picked out!


One of hers is a little less busy than "Florida" because I thought perhaps she might have a more conservative friend, and I kept two others very similar to the above to give as gifts myself.  They're going in the mail today.  Pat and her husband have been living in a camper in their driveway since the recent hurricane pretty much gutted their house.  I hope these little gifts brighten her day.

And speaking of brightening a day, when I go to the post office with the purses, I'll also step across the street to deliver some quilts to a lady who is getting an apartment ready for her niece and small great nieces.  They are re-locating here in the frozen North from Puerto Rico.  Apparently, Elizabeth lost five relatives in the recent hurricane there and doesn't want to lose any more.  I have been looking for people to give quilts to as my etsy shop doesn't really get much action.  I'm so glad to be able to do this for them!  Here are two of the quilts.


The other is a teal and purple child-sized quilt I made before we got the new computer and lost some of my photos.  My quilt rack still has plenty of quilts on it, just waiting for homes, and during 2018 I hope to keep giving them away until there's a manageable number!


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

there are so many etsy shops it is very hard to get business I would think and a lot of people try ebay too and people there almost want you to give the quilts away and not pay anywhere what they are worth. I'm glad I sell a quilt now and then to a local source and that is it. I still have too many. Like those bags - I have several patterns for bags but do not usually like them in the end. They never seem sturdy enough for me I guess and I prefer leather or heavy canvas type cloth for purses.