Sunday, June 3, 2018

Tulip convergence

I forgot to post a photo of the convergence wallhanging I made right after the Ricky Tims "Luminarium."  It must have been the heat and humidity!  Thursday it started to build and by Friday we just tried to keep cool all day.
I enjoyed working on this, partly because it went quickly.  The small (about 12" x 18") wallhanging took me an hour to put together from four 10.5" squares.  I had received the tulip fabric from Leigh in Australia and was waiting for a "special occasion."  I added three coordinating fabrics in order to cut the strips both horizontally and vertically.  Then I did a little fusible applique (which I am not fond of doing) and quilted in what I call a "fried egg spiral" (the center is wonky so the outer rings are wonky, too).

Tuesday I'm having lunch with Jane who I attended the class with.  I'll take my piece along to show her.  She's going to make a bed-sized convergence quilt, and I'll probably take notes.  I would love to try a bigger size but am wondering about proportions.   Cutting longer strips absolutely straight and then making sure all the seams match up will be crucial.  

No comments: