Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Another snow day

My across the street neighbor, Winnie, took this photo of our neighborhood yesterday.  That's a little bit of our garage showing along with the 8-10" of heavy, wet snow we received.  This was the third major snowstorm we've had this season.  Or was it the fourth?  I have lost track!  Others posted photos of turkeys, foraging through the snow in their yards.   Maybe if the weather gets all this snow out of "its" system, "it" will leave December unscathed?  We can hope.

The snow kept us housebound but also warm and cozy.  Although I often make a special lunch like pancakes on a day like yesterday,  I wrapped Christmas presents and put together packages to mail instead.  I have six ready to go out but will only mail the two that need to go the farthest today.  One is for my sister Jacqueline in the Netherlands, and the other for my mom and sister Jenny in Colorado.   Having a small, far-flung family means getting most shopping done early, and now I have just a little more shopping for my two guys here at home.

I took a little time to water plants, search for a holiday table decoration for the Thursday night library staff appreciation dinner, and change our door quilt to the tree Paula made me last year.    I had made 17 key fobs for the library staff, so made and attached little "thank you" tags using the computer and a new rubber stamp.

Then I got busy quilting.  I had to unpick a couple seams on my latest Splendid Sampler block and then I started on some placemats for an exchange.  They aren't due at my secret sister's until February, but she asked for a Christmas theme, so I'm hoping to get them to her in time for the holiday.  Last year I put in a bid for a batch of fabric from another quilter's de-stashing, and quite a bit of it was Christmas-related.  While cutting out half square triangles, I again mentally thanked Wendy for her generosity.   I have some glitzy black fabric for the placemat backs and will rummage around for some dark green binding.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what pretty snow but I'm sure some would like it to go away - but then when you live in a place where you have "actual winter" you know it is coming and are used to it. Last week someone I know had visited their parents who live in WI - went there for work- so he didn't grow up there - he came back saying how awful it was the weather was just horrible -- if you listen to the weather we knew there was to be storms but the area he visited was not the stormy area but actually very close to my daughter who hadn't mentioned the weather last week at all so we knew it hadn't actually been that bad or she would have mentioned it - I told her what he said and she said "we only 4 inches it wasn't that bad" LOL - in Arkansas snowflakes=blizzard to a lot of people LOL