Friday, November 30, 2018

A finish and a work in progress

I joined a placemat swap recently because it only involved making two placemats for someone by February.  My "secret sister' wanted them with a Christmas theme, and, since I love working with Christmas fabrics during the season, I finished them yesterday.  I'll pack them up and get them mailed so that she can enjoy them during this year's holidays rather than next year's.  But I won't share a photo in case she reads this blog! 

I am turning my attention back to quilting the red, white and blue Dutch quilt which was set aside while I finished a few other things over the last couple of weeks.  I still have to make one more November block for my Low Volume Sampler, but I guess I'll push it into December.  Here's what I have so far, incorporating Splendid Sampler, Moda Blockheads, orphans, and any other 6" blocks I might feel like making.
I will probably rearrange the blocks when I sash them before quilting to end up with five sections made for this year-long project.  The first blocks have incorporated pieces from a set of linen "dishtowels of the month" that my dear friend Yve gave me years ago.  They are a special memorial as she passed away suddenly last January.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always hard loosing a friend suddenly!