Monday, December 3, 2018

A mystery of yesteryear

Back in 2011-12, someone in my local guild organized a mystery quilt which turned out to be Bonnie Hunter's "Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll."  I chose Christmas fabrics because I had a lot of them, and I like red and green together.  I mixed in non-holiday fabrics with the others, but as it progressed I really didn't like it.  Now I'm not sure if it was all the fiddly little pieces or the way it turned out.  The pieced border was the hardest part.  But now I get this quilt out every year at this time, and I like it.  That's my hope for this year's BH mystery, "Good Fortune," that I've been keeping up with.

Yesterday I finished the second clue which took me most of the day.  But what a feeling of accomplishment!  I bag up all of the finished pieces - last week's red and neutral four patches and this week's blue and neutral half-square triangles - and store them in a shoebox.  Hope I can say the same at this time next week.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am done with Part 1 and part way one part 2 - I hope to be caught up when part 3 comes out - considering I started about a week or more late I am doing good!