Friday, December 21, 2018

Christmas preparations

We assembled the Christmas tree Wednesday, and I decorated it yesterday.  It's finally beginning to look a lot like Christmas here!
I had a heck of a time taking a picture since it's right in front of the glass door.  Yesterday the glare from the sun on the snow outside washed it out, and this was taken this morning because it's raining and gloomy.  

Chris built two ladders hinged together at the top with shelves that come off for easy storage.  I cut white batting to fit the shelves and then set my Christmas village on it.   There are three shelves and a top shelf (12" x 12") which has my scary old Santa from the 1950s on it.   There's plenty of room for packages below on top of a piece of red fabric.  Next year I'll figure out a way to hide the cords along the back rails, but I just wanted to get the tree up and lit.  I will seek out a few more buildings for the Dept. 56 "New England Village," too.   Chris says this is "just" a prototype, but I like it.  He will stain the ladders a maple-ish color.

The stockings are hung, the Chex Mix has been made, and we have packages under the tree.  Bring on Christmas!  May yours be jolly and warm!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it turned out great! have a good holiday and so glad Paul is home from the hospital and now he can enjoy being home too