Monday, July 8, 2019

A reversible baby quilt

One of my local guilds had a block swap this year, and I have been moving the 30 or so blocks around since I got them a few weeks ago.  Usually, I can figure out how to set very disparate blocks together somehow, but this batch has me stumped.  Besides, I want to make smaller quilts for a while, don't I?  I decided to start with one block because I had just the right fabric to go with it.  Pauline's daughter Jaemi is expecting a baby in October, and it's going to be a girl.
Kathi made the block, and I love the floral fabric I used with it.  The saw-toothed border is made of yellow and white scraps, and I will bind it with a green pin dot because I ended up making this back for the quilt.

 
This is what I had originally planned to make.  I used some of the black and white charms I received in another swap along with some lime fabric from stash.  It's a disappearing nine patch which is as easy as it gets, and the quilt will be newborn sized - 36" square.  I'm off to Joann's to get some batting for this and another 36" square quilt made from some of the swap blocks.  Guess I'm on a roll!

No comments: