Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Busy in the quilting room

I am enjoying making smaller items.  They finish up so quickly.  I am working my way through 30 blocks I received in a swap and, although I probably won't use them all right away, I am making a dent in the pile.  Yesterday I finished a table runner and a baby quilt to sell, either on etsy or at the local florist/gift shop where I have two quilts on display.

The table runner is reversible, using one block I made and two pineapple swap blocks, as well as a quick double nine patch back like the baby quilt I made last week.  That scrappy star block, from Eleanor Burns' website, is a favorite of mine.  Maybe I'll make a bunch next year if there's a RSC20?  I found the green binding in my stash of scrap bindings and just added about a foot of scrap to it.
 

The baby quilt is just nine blocks.  I cut up a "ten minute block" from the swap and surrounded two parts with teal fabric to end up similar to the ones surrounded by peach and light purple.  I used the same teal for the binding, and the back is a cozy flannel.  I made 16 of those Dutchman's Puzzle blocks for the swap and kept one for myself.   Quilting was fairly easy and straight-forward, and it makes a nice quilt for a newborn.  

Today I'll take a picture of another couple of table runners once I finish one I pin basted yesterday.  It's going to be hot the next few days, so I'll be in my quilting room with the AC running.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is nice to have quick finishes sometimes isn't it. I like those pineapple blocks