Saturday, November 16, 2019

Another top ready to quilt

This Double Churn Dash quilt top was pretty easy to put together - the blocks measure 20" and there are only 9 of them.  A 10th one is going on the back.  I didn't like them before I put them together, but the secondary design made where the half-square triangles form a square in a square makes me like it a lot better.  I will piece the back tomorrow and then put it in the closet for a few weeks before quilting.  I will quilt it myself once my Elna returns from its annual check up.  I think I have plenty of navy blue for the binding, so I'll probably get that ready tomorrow, too.  

It's been pretty cold today - 6 degrees when we got up and 21 at mid-afternoon - so indoor projects are best.  I might do a little Christmas shopping tomorrow as I like to get my packages ready to send by Thanksgiving, particularly the one for the Netherlands.  Once those are all mailed (I have 7, I think), I'll start on our Christmas letter.   How did the holidays creep up on us so quickly??

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes the holidays are coming quickly now and you sure have the cold weather to go with it -- the quilt looks good with the secondary design

Unknown said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 lbs less than we do.

(And actually, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they are eating.)

BTW, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

Tap this link to determine if this brief quiz can help you decipher your real weight loss potential