Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Busy days

Wow!!  It has been 10 days since I blogged.  Where does the time go?  We've had quite a bit of snow lately, but today there's probably less than an inch on the ground.   The days have been gloomy with iffy road conditions - perfect for staying home and sewing.   I finished two quilt tops and pieced backs and did a little applique including a Dresden plate block for a guild "block robin" and a few more melons for my brown and pink Lafayette's Orange Peel quilt.  That's my very slow project to take to guild sewing meetings.  I need just 36 for a smallish quilt and have made quite a few over the last year.  I might finish in 2020 and then start on another color way.

My Elna machine is in the shop having its regular check up - very overdue - so I'm using my Viking 100 this week.  It doesn't have any bells or whistles, and I had to re-learn a few things, like how to wind the bobbin.  But it does a fine job going in a straight line.  I'll wait for the Elna's return before machine quilting anything.  One thing the Viking does better than the Elna is zigzag, so I'm hoping to make a coiled rope hotpad later today.

Mostly, I've been busy with Christmas.  I sold a Christmas stocking via etsy, so popped that into the mail.   They do seem to sell, so I'll have to make a few more for next year.  Seven family packages to the Netherlands and places in the US have been shopped for, wrapped, and mailed.  Phew!  We have one more package to mail to Alabama, but now I can concentrate on Christmas cards and then gifts for Paul and Chris.  For neighbors and friends, I have a case of homemade jam to distribute here and there.

Thanksgiving this year will be lowkey with just the three of us, some filet mignon with trimmings, and pound cake with sorbet.  I'm going to try to concentrate on vegetables during the holidays, starting with a lovely squash Chris' boss gave us.  I'll add some maple syrup and a little butter after baking and mashing.  Whatever's left will become a nice soup after Thursday.  Even though I love to try new cookie recipes during the holidays, I'll try not to make too many.  We'll see how it (my willpower) goes.  Have a happy Thanksgiving, all!

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good luck on no baking - we made way too much like usual but then no one has been stuffing themselves like we usually do - I'm trying to not stuff!! your Thanksgiving meal sounds like it will work out just fine. Great that you sold an item on Etsy - I never got into that there are so many that sell quilts there is glut on the market. Have a nice thanksgiving

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Profit Machine is waiting -

And getting it set up is as simple as 1-2-3!

Here's how it all works...

STEP 1. Choose which affiliate products the system will advertise
STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products all for you!

Are you ready to make money automatically?

Click here to check it out

Unknown said...

This way my associate Wesley Virgin's adventure begins with this SHOCKING and controversial video.

You see, Wesley was in the military-and shortly after leaving-he found hidden, "SELF MIND CONTROL" tactics that the government and others used to get everything they want.

These are the EXACT same SECRETS lots of celebrities (especially those who "come out of nowhere") and top business people used to become wealthy and successful.

You probably know that you use only 10% of your brain.

Mostly, that's because the majority of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

Maybe that conversation has even taken place IN YOUR very own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head seven years back, while driving an unregistered, trash bucket of a car with a suspended license and $3.20 in his pocket.

"I'm very fed up with living paycheck to paycheck! Why can't I become successful?"

You took part in those types of conversations, ain't it right?

Your own success story is waiting to happen. You just need to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

Learn How To Become A MILLIONAIRE Fast