Friday, May 8, 2020

May RSC20

We have had masons on the roof and down below for the last couple of days.  Their scaffolding is right in front of my sewing room window.  The chimney is being rebuilt in advance of a new roof which should be installed soon.  (I actually thought it would be installed in July but perhaps the contractors' schedules are a little more open due to COVID-19)

Anyway, it's been noisy and a little distracting.  I have spent more time in the basement away from the noise by shredding as much as our recycling bins would hold.  Now I have an empty bin and stuff waiting to fill it again.  It does feel nice to get rid of stuff.  Happiness is an empty moving box!

I did find time to make my four RSC20 blocks, although I didn't make them in the dark green as suggested.  I didn't have that much dark green in my stash and wanted to clean up my purples.  I also made a couple of blocks for my monthly black and bright quilt, and I finished and mailed house swap blocks earlier in the week.  This weekend I will try to pin baste and start quilting the Corona Cabin baby quilt.  Looking forward to a little peace and quiet after a busy couple of days!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I finally got my April RSC20 blocks done in blue - we had aqua and the colors kind of go with them but I like them and they are blue- now to start the green for May - but again I am doing them in shades of green I want.
Sounds like noisy work! you are in a condo right - is this work for the whole building I assume?