Friday, May 1, 2020

Easy seems best

I have been shuffling around a pattern by Victoria Findlay Wolfe all winter and now into the spring.  I love the way it looks and it doesn't seem difficult, but I know picking the right colors will be a challenge.  So I keep setting it aside.  Meanwhile, I am working on some easy house blocks for a swap.
Moda posted the pattern and it's been shared here and there online.  My online swap group picked it up as a project to do while we are all staying home.  This week we're signing up and next week we'll get a list of people to mail to.  

I decided to make a few trial blocks, and see that the charm pack I have won't work.  I only have one of each charm (French General's Chafarcani) and the spot over the door needs to be the same as the sides.  The pattern calls for a window over the door, but we didn't want to make those.  The block on the right is too small so I'll add a coping strip somewhere.  Actually, it might be fun to make a few smaller ones with grass.  I will keep these for my own quilt and try to make ones to swap in the correct size and color.

So far, this is a very easy pattern, so I have made a bunch already.  I will keep going even if there are only a few people to mail to because the more colors, the better for this scrappy pattern, I think.  The houses are mostly touching.  If I feel I want to move onto another project, I'll make a table runner.  It's a nice, easy project for a rainy day.

No comments: