Wednesday, September 15, 2021

New scrappy blocks

 

I've been playing around with scrappy blocks of various sizes lately.  I'll probably put them all in the same quilt, but for now I'm just playing.  Every day I make a new block, usually one I've been thinking about making for a while.  It's fun!

The first block is based on something I saw on Bonnie Hunter's blog (Quiltville.com).  The pattern was "Kira" by Gudrun Erla, and I just figured out dimensions for a 6" block using 2.5" scrap squares for the flip and sew corners.  Four blocks came together nicely.  I might make a few more of these blocks because they go together very quickly.

The next block was Odd Fellows Chain, another 16" block that just looked better in a non-scrappy look.  The turquoise/purple batik came from Soni who was de-stashing.  I need to do a little of that, too!





1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are all nice looking blocks