Saturday, September 4, 2021

A little sewing

I have been finishing Louise Penny's latest mystery, The Madness of Crowds, and, while it is a little slow going, it's very thought-provoking.  I ended up liking it a lot although it doesn't have as much "action" as some of her 16 previous books.  Now it's another year's wait until her next offering although I will probably read the book she has co-written with Hillary Clinton when it comes out in October.  I'm curious!

The Options blocks of the month are fairly easy this time, so I made four of them.  Now I'm wondering how I'll set them.  They're 8" square and I probably have at least 27 now.  I'll lay them out one of these days to see how they all look together.

Today, I've been busy making my eight Harriet's Journey blocks for September.  Those are 6" square and more work.  Most are paper pieced which means copying them onto foundation paper.  I've noticed that I use quite a bit more fabric for each block than I had thought I would.  So I'm running low on some, even though I bought a fat quarter bundle and several half yards of the focus fabric.  The background is a mix of whites and I have lots of that.  But maybe it's time to call it finished?  


No comments: