Saturday, August 28, 2021

Tired feet!

I helped set up, work at, and clean up after the Friends of the Library book sale  over the last three days.  I have great sneakers, but it was good to take them off and put my feet up this afternoon.  We did well, but I'm glad it's over.  Now I can turn my attention back to some sewing and to reading Louise Penny's latest book.

I have signed up to swap 10.5" elephant blocks, so I decided to try making one from the pattern I got on etsy.

I'm sorry this photo is so blurry.  It was darker than I expected when I took it.  Anyway, it shows that we are using a black background and jazzy fabric.  I got some Kaffe Fassett fabric for the rest of the 8 blocks I'm to make, but thought I'd test the pattern with something I've had on hand.   

I don't think 8 blocks are going to make much of a quilt, so I'll probably make a few more elephants and/or make a few more animal blocks.  I have patterns for birds, dogs, and cats that might be fun in bright fabrics.  

All the pieces for the 7 remaining blocks have been cut, but tomorrow I'm going to focus on some bowl cozies to give as Christmas gifts.  

No comments: