Saturday, August 21, 2021

Knitting

 It has been hazy, hot, and humid lately, perhaps a long, last gasp of summer.  I worked on a Christmas tree skirt for Mom this week, and it is all put together now.  I got some muslin for the back and some white flannel for the "batting," but it feels too hot to iron and get it pinbasted.  So yesterday I decided to finish knitting the scarf I've been working on for several months.

I got the lacy yarn at Michael's during the winter, and I have found it rather hard to work with.  It has strands of glitz running through it, so you need to work carefully.  The pattern is fairly easy once you get the hang of it, but it was easy to forget.  I did four or eight rows most nights while watching TV until the weather got hot and it got long.  But it's done now except for a little blocking.

I started working on a hat in blue variegated wool yesterday and am finding it a lot easier even though I'm using circular needles with the "magic loop" method.  This is my first time with the magic loop, but it's perfect for something small in the round.  After I finish the initial ribbing, I'll work some cables in, too.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

are you going to be on the edge of rain from the hurricane? hope it won't be bad