Monday, August 2, 2021

Heading to NH

Beth and Todd came for a visit yesterday on their way to a lodge in a state forest nearby.   It was good to see them again, after quite a few years.  They only live a few hours away, but the pandemic and fewer family gatherings have made it tough to get together.  They had wanted to visit while Paul was in the hospital, but visitors were restricted then to only one per day.  I suggested delaying the visit a bit.  He's getting better every day now and is more open to visitors.  

For lunch, I made a delicious quiche with zucchini and red peppers, a fruit salad, and some mini croissants that I stumbled on at the bread outlet.  Dessert was gingerbread (a gift from Pat) and sorbet or ice cream.  Delish!  

After lunch, I offered Beth her choice of four quilts layered on our guest bed.  In recent years, I have been giving quilts away to family members in order to make room for the ones I keep making.  I gave one to her mother, Pat, and two other nieces last summer.  

I'm so happy she chose the sashiko medallion!  It is unusual but includes her favorite color, blue.  I made it over the course of a year, starting with hand embroidering the sashiko center and then creating a border each month.  Marie quilted all but the center which I hand quilted.  It was really fun to make, and I'm glad it has a new home in Manchester, NH!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad you found a good home for this quilt - one of my favorites!