Tuesday, August 10, 2021

A couple of BOMs

It's been hot, and we've had visitors now that Paul has been feeling better.  So the blocks of the month have not been a priority.  Still, I have found time to work on them in between times.   The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color this month is aqua, but I had very little.  So I mixed in darker teals and like the resulting pineapple blocks.  I will probably continue this quilt into 2022 in order to make it large enough to sleep under.

My sewing room is cool and the best place to be lately.  It's funny because July had perfect temperatures; usually August is the month with "good sleeping weather" (in the 50s) and perfect days (in the 70s).  We have also had our share of haze lately, due to the fires in Manitoba, according to the weather people.  

I made three "Options" blocks, too, and although I got things turned around on the third one, I like them.   I have made "Balkan Puzzle" as a 12" block using all half square triangles, but this one finishes at 8" with some parallelograms.  I am enjoying this block of the month, created by Aby Dolinger who writes the clearest directions.  It will be a nice-sized throw by the end of the year, and I'll probably quilt it myself.

Some overnight guests are arriving tomorrow or the next day in an RV so they'll sleep in our driveway.  This will be a first for us, so I'm hoping it will all work out well.  I haven't seen these folks since college, about 50 years ago!  They have a big dog which should be fun, too.  I hope they arrive in time to take a tour of the area with me.  Cool food is on the menu!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun with your RV friends - usually you just need to supply a place for them to plug their electricity in at and maybe a water hose so they can attach it to their water system although if they are just staying overnight they might not need that. My aunt and uncle years ago used to do that stop by for a visit on their way to wherever they were going. So glad Paul is feeling better - it is hot as can be here but little smoke most days a haze in the sky is usually the most we are getting from the fires