Sunday, August 8, 2021

Halloween hanging is finished


 I put the last stitches in the binding of this wall hanging a few days ago, and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.  All of the applique shapes were outlined and some detail was added to the petals and leaves.   Then I did a little outline quilting in the background and a grid along the border.  

I'll hang it on our door around the first of October even though the Halloween candy is already in the stores.  (so tempting - but I continue to resist!)

We are in the middle of a flood of company which is fun but means a lot of running to the store for snacks, drinks, etc.  It's summer, and we haven't seen each other in a long time.   "Everybody" wants to check on Paul, too, and he is doing very well.  No more dialysis - the tubes in his chest have been removed.  Regaining strength continues.  

This week, in between visitors and grocery store trips, I hope to get to my blocks of the month (Options, pineapples, and Harriet's Journey) and then start working on a Christmas tree skirt for Mom.  Warm/muggy weather is expected, so the zucchini bread I was hoping to bake will have to get done first thing in a morning, too.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad Paul is done with that now and on the way to full recovery! have fun stay safe