Sunday, August 21, 2022

The sock

 Here's a picture of the sock as a work in progress...

I bought a bunch of blue washable wool to knit a sweater for myself, but then I realized I really don't like to commit myself to big projects.  I only knit while watching TV and then not every evening.  I thought I'd try knitting socks which might also be cooler to work on during the summer months.  So far, so good.  Just have to learn the Kitchener stitch to finish the first one off, or maybe I'll wait til I have both done.  I tend to forget things like that very quickly.

Yesterday I did 3 loads of vacation laundry, including the quilt I keep in the car (it's an early one made of polyester and will probably outlast me!).  Today I'll do the last two loads and work on binding the Unity quilt that came back from the long arm quilter's.   It's good to get back in the sewing room again.


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes if available I will laundry while traveling - makes it less to take along and less to do when I get home. Good luck on the socks