Saturday, August 20, 2022

There's no place like home!

It is a long drive, from Wisconsin to Vermont, but we made it in three days via the ferry across Lake Michigan, and then across Michigan, Ontario, and New York.  We crossed over into the US at Buffalo, where there was almost no wait at customs.  The electronic signs said the wait was 45 min. at Niagara Falls, but I accidentally went the Buffalo route.  Will I ever find it again?  Next year we hope to take a trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont., for the theater festival.  It is a very cute town surrounded by vineyards and orchards, and very walkable.

I missed my sewing machine while I was gone, but I did manage to [almost] finish knitting one blue sock and start its mate.  Now that I'm home with my computer handy, I'll look for a you tube video on how to do the Kitchener stitch to finish the toes.  I feel more confident in knitting with four or five needles now, so I will give making a pair of socks on #2 needles a try next.

Of course, yesterday was spent emptying suitcases and bags, grocery shopping, picking up and sorting through mail, and just plain relaxing.  Mary came for dinner which was nice, and I slept like a log two nights in a row.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I read some where that some people like to start a sock on long straight needles and then transfer to the 3 or 4 needles -- I haven't tried that. Sounds like you had a good trip. One time we took the ferry from Manitowoc WI to Michigan and we enjoyed that - the Manitowoc ferry is in the area of WI that I grew up in.