Friday, October 28, 2022

Blocks of the month

 I haven't done a lot of sewing this week due to other activities.  But I did manage to make this month's guild block of the month, a 12" snowball.  I made one to keep and one for the monthly lottery.


This year, every block will have a white background, and each month's block will feature a specific color.  I like this month's choice of orange and, since the snowball is pretty easy, I decided to piece my blocks rather than use one large piece of fabric.  I had lots of orange scraps, both in my Halloween box and in my 2.5" squares box.

Tonight I'm heading to a monthly quilt bingo session at our local quilt shop.  The cost is $5 and a fat quarter.  We play a dozen or so rounds of bingo, with small prizes after each round.  The final game's prize is all those fat quarters.  Last time I didn't win anything, but I can always hope!  It's fun anyway.

Tomorrow is the state quilt guild's fall meeting in Randolph, about 1/2 an hour south of here.  I have a lot of stuff to take along and am looking forward to seeing everyone again.   Sunday I'll collapse as it's been a busy week.


No comments: